Get our recommended care and cleaning supplies for MarineMat flooring.
Many Lund fishing boat models have the option to add snap-in MarineMat EVA foam padding on their decks, which adds a high level of comfort for those who fish all day long and gives it a custom look. Keeping it looking new is easy if you follow the MarineMat flooring care recommendations.
MarineMat recommends using car wash soap or boat wash soap for general cleaning. Mild biodegradable soaps like Rain-X Foaming Car Wash or Star brite Boat Wash work well. Just dilute in water per the label’s instructions and use a long-handled, stiff-bristled brush to work it in, always scrubbing with the grain. Then, rinse with a hose and let it dry.
Anglers know fish blood and guts are tough stains to clean and one of the tricks is to tackle them as soon as possible. A great product for these challenging stains is Dek Magic. Just spray it on right out of the bottle, use a stiff-bristled brush to work it in and let it sit for five minutes then rinse with water. Stubborn stains might require several applications.
One of the toughest stains to clean is oil and the makers of MarineMat recommend using Spray Nine, which is an environmentally-friendly cleaner. Just spray it on, saturating the spot well, and let it sit for three minutes before working it with a scrub brush and rinsing with water. The makers of MarineMat recommend doing this procedure twice.
Everyone has that clumsy friend who likes their sandwiches overflowing with yellow mustard, washed down with purple Gatorade and the resulting stains are tough to tackle. The recommended cleaner for these stains is Simple Green. As shown in a MarineMat video, just spray it on heavily and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then use a damp scrub brush along with some elbow grease followed by a freshwater rinse.
· Never use a high-powered pressure washer or you can shred MarineMat.
· Don’t use a sharp item to try to scrape a dried stain.
· Avoid extended contact with petroleum products, which can leave permanent stains.
· Never use acid-based cleaners like Davis FSR (fiberglass stain remover).
· After cleaning snap-in MarineMat sections, remove them and let them dry before reinstalling.
· To avoid prolonged sun exposure when storing your boat, use a boat cover or unsnap the MarineMat pads from the deck, roll them up and store them in a hatch.
· Periodically, clean the undersurface of the mat and deck beneath it.
· To keep the snaps in good condition, use Star brite Snap & Zipper Lubricant.
If you take proper care of your snap-in MarineMat padding, it will stay looking new for years.
Sign up for our newsletter